Having trouble with uploading a self-tape to a submission?
Here are a few troubleshooting suggestions!
If the file is larger than 520MB, you will need to resize the video.
If you have a MAC this is easy to do through QuickTime.
- Open the video in QuickTime
- Go to File
- Scroll down to Export As and save as 480p
If you have a PC use Clipchamp! Full article source can be found here: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/make-video-smaller-windows-10/
- Launch Clipchamp - Video Editor and click or tap the “Create a new video” button from its dashboard. (this program is preinstalled on Windows 11 - but can be downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Store.
- Drag and drop your video onto the Clipchamp - Video Editor window or select IMPORT MEDIA.
- In Clipchamp - Video Editor, drag the video and drop it onto the storyboard located at the bottom of the window.
- Select Export at the top-right corner of the Clipchamp - Video Editor window.
- Set the resolution to 720p.
Does the file name contain more than 50 characters or any special characters?
In order to upload a self-tape, the file must be under 50 Characters and not include any special characters.
File name accepted:
Role_Talent’s name_Description(Slate or take 1)
File name not accepted: Marvel-Studios_-Black-Panther-_2018_-_I_m-Not-Dead__-_-Movie-Clip-HD.mp3
Is the file saved in the proper video format?
Formats accepted are: .mp4,.mov,.mts,.m4v,.wmv,.avi,.mpg,.mpeg,.wav,.m4a,.mp3. If it is not one of these, please use the steps in “Is the file under 520 MB? ” to reformat your file.
Additional Helpful Tips:
When uploading videos make sure the video upload has been completed.
Select the photos you would like to attach to the audition.